There’s something they say about words and pictures, so we won’t belabor this too much. Below you’ll find some of the most eye-catching photographs we ran on the site in the last year. Set aside some time to scroll through each one: They’re an amazing window onto everything that’s happening in the world–from Detroit’s collapse and the economic rise of China and the Middle East, to environmental disasters at home and abroad.
And then, less seriously, some great photos of those ridiculous fake tree cell phone towers, hilarious examples of what happens when strangers draw your Facebook photos, and a series of the true residents of Portland, who are crazier than anything you’ve seen on Portlandia. You’ll enjoy them all. And if that’s not enough, you can see our favorites from last year here.
1: Beautifully Mashed-Up Photos Show The Glory And Wreckage Of Detroit
The “Detroit Now and Then” project artfully combines vintage photos of the city with images of what’s there now, providing a poignant reminder of what the city was, what it is now and–maybe–what it could be again.
2: “Portraitlandia”: Photos Of Portland’s Most Portland-y Residents
If Portlandia were a photo series, it would probably look something like Kirk Crippens’s “Portraitlandia,” which features iconic Rose City residents in their natural habitats.
3: Look At These Chinese Workers Carrying Mind-Blowing Amounts Of Stuff
11: These Horrifying Photos Show A Destroyed American Landscape That Agriculture Giants Don’t Want You To See
These aerial images of industrial beef farming operations look less like shots of land and more like a post-apocalyptic nightmare.
12: These Photos Of Tiny, Futuristic Japanese Apartments Show How Micro Micro-Apartments Can Be
Micro-apartments are in vogue today. But in Japan, people have been living in the Nakagin Capsule Tower’s 100-square-foot housing for decades.
Read more of our best stories of the year in these categories: Top stories, infographics, photography, maps, buildings, design, cities, food, transportation, innovative workplaces, bikes, collaborative consumption, energy, crowdfunding, robots, environment, health, education
Sometimes, lessons are learned the hard way. They are inevitable. There is always that false friend who can betray and use you. A friend whom you would give time but would only take you for granted. Betrayal is common to false friendships. Whether you are getting over a recent friend betrayal or is cautious about it. Here we collected true, funny and short quotes about fake friends.
Quotes about Fake Friends
1. Stay real. stay loyal or stay away from me.
2. Don’t fear the enemy that attacks you, but the fake friend that hugs you.
3. Cut the shit, be real with me.
4. Sometimes, you have to give up on people. Not because you don’t care but because they don’t.
5. While you’re talking behind my back, feel free to bend down and kiss my ass.
6. I hate liars, hypocrites and people who take advantage of people who care about them.
7. It’s hard to trust somebody when the person who you completely opened up to is the person who later completely betrayed you.
8. Some of the most poisonous people come disguised as friends and family,
9. The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from your enemies.
10. People’s bullshit and fakeness are the main reasons why I like to be alone.
11. Lord, give me the strength to tolerate this fake bitch.
12. Betray a friend, and you’ll often find you have ruined yourself.
Quotes about Real Friends
13. As we grow up, it becomes less important to have a ton of friends, and more important to have real ones.
14. I’ve come to realize that the only people I need in my life are the ones who need me in theirs even when I have nothing else to offer them but myself.
15. A friend who understands your tears is much more valuable than a lot of friends who only know your smile.
16. Associate your self with people of good quality, for it is better to be alone than in bad company.
17. The realest people don’t have a lot of friends.
18. A true friend is the only person who never gets tired of listening to your own pointless dramas over and over again.
19. The best place in the world is the arms of someone who will not only hold you at your best, but will pick you up and hug you tight at your weakest moment.
20. We need people in our lives with whom we can be as open as possible. To have real conversations with people may seem like such a simple obvious suggestion, but it involves courage and risk.
21. You know who your real friends are when you pull yourself away from them and see who wonders why you are pulling away.
22. Being honest may not get you many friends but it’ll get you the right ones.
Difference between Fake and Real Friends Quotes
23. Fake friends believe in rumors; Real friends believe in you
24. Friends are like boobs: Some are big, some are small, some are real and some are fake.
25. Fake people have an image to maintain; Real people just don’t care.
26. True friends cry when you leave; Fake friends leave when you cry.
Sometimes, it is hard to move on from a relationship destroyed by betrayal. Today, these sad events would typically end up with unfriending or blocking each other out on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or any other social networking site. Don’t be scared to share your feelings with the aid of these quotes for fake friends. If you want more positive vibes, check out Cheer Up Quotes and Short Funny Quotes.
Filed Under: Friendship QuotesTagged With: Friendship Quotes, Quotes about Fake Friends