Wedding Planner Cover Letter
Wedding Planners provide assistance to couples with the multiple aspects of organizing a wedding. This job doesn’t require formal education, but oftentimes people working in the industry are trained in hospitality or event management. Examples of Wedding Planner duties include: discussing requirements with couples, proposing themes and creative ideas, informing couples on wedding customs, negotiating with suppliers, making sure wedding costs stay within budget, providing assistance on the day of the wedding, doing paperwork, maintaining records, and checking if all details are in place.
Based on our collection of sample cover letters for Wedding Planner, essential job requirements are:
- Event management expertise
- Organization and planning
- Meticulous attention to details
- Stamina and perseverance
- Effective communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Negotiation and networking
- Computer competences
- Being able to work under pressure
- Knowledge of wedding customs
Beneath is displayed an example cover letter for Wedding Planner highlighting comparable skills.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Wedding Planner Resume Samples.
For more information on what it takes to be a Wedding Planner, check out our more complete Wedding Planner Job Description.
Dear Ms. Hall:
Upon learning of your search for a personable and experienced Wedding Planner, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your consideration. As an organized professional with excellent experience assisting brides and grooms in orchestrating all aspects of both simple and more sophisticated weddings, I am confident that I would vastly exceed your expectations for this role.
Planning a wedding can present an often daunting responsibility—overwhelming the engaged couple, introducing high levels of stress, and detracting from what should be one of the happiest times in their lives. Enlisting the help of a wedding planner enables the bride and groom to enjoy the wedding of their dreams while delegating the tasks of research, negotiation, and overall coordination to a professional. My background includes more than nine years of experience planning, coordinating, and successfully executing more than 70 weddings ranging from simple, more intimate affairs with close friends and family to large-scale events encompassing multiple sites and hundreds of guests.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Providing overarching planning and support throughout the entire wedding coordination process—including flowers, location, musicians, catering, and dress / tuxedo selection—while adhering to each couple’s budgetary guidelines.
- Cultivating a deep, extensive network of relationships with businesses and individuals who provide wedding-related products and services with a keen eye on maintaining and furthering relationships with the “best of the best” in the industry.
- Leveraging outstanding networking and relationship-building talents to negotiate strategic and optimal pricing / contracts with caterers, musicians, photographers, florists, and facilities.
- Discussing timelines and budgets on an ongoing basis with the bride and groom, delivering regular updates and ensuring that expectations and requirements are met.
- Continually educating myself on the latest trends and fashions in the wedding industry.
- Demonstrating exceptional interpersonal, communication, organization, and leadership abilities.
With my proven record of planning seamless and successful weddings for fully satisfied clients, I am positioned to absorb the stress of wedding planning for you and significantly enhance one of the most important days of your clients’ lives.
I look forward to discussing your needs and my qualifications in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Marla B. Peterson
How to Craft a Resume and Cover Letter as an Event Planner
Highlighting Your Organizational, Communication and Planning Skills
Event planning positions require impeccable organizational, communication, and planning skills. To get the attention of an employer, you need to provide examples of previous event experience and detail the ways in which your involvement directly led to the event's success.
Below is a cover letter and resume example for an event/meeting planner position which you can adjust to suit your needs.
Event Planning Cover Letter Example
Dear Mr. or Ms.
I am writing because I am keenly interested in your Meeting and Events Planning Director position at Universal Events, Inc. I have qualified success as an event planner and possess an organized and detail-oriented work ethic which I can bring to the role.
As a Senior Event Coordinator, I have planned and executed over one hundred corporate events, ranging from large-scale international meetings to intimate fundraising events. I have overseen all aspects of event planning for corporations. This work ranges from finding appropriate venues to selecting vendors to publicizing events through print, electronic, and online media.
My experience with financial and contract management is also in line with your job description. As an event coordinator at Event Management Solutions, I oversaw a variety of events, both large-scale and small-scale. I identified ancillary revenue sources and various cost-saving opportunities for clients with limited budgets.
I am known for my ability to stay within the parameters of my clients’ budgets, thus ensuring their satisfaction.
I have enclosed my resume and will call within the week to see if we can arrange a time to speak.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Below is an example of a resume for an event planner that can be adapted to suit your needs.
Event Planner Resume Example
123 Main Street, Boston, MA 02215
Organized and detail-oriented event planner with over eight years experience in planning and executing meetings and events. Expert in selecting and transforming venues to accommodate clients’ needs. Skilled at developing strong relationships with quality vendors. Proven ability to manage schedules, meet tight deadlines, and orchestrate consistently high-quality events.
July 20XX – Present Senior Event Coordinator – Professional Events, Boston, MA
- Direct the planning and execution of corporate events (including meetings and fundraisers) for a prestigious roster of corporate clients.
- Serve as primary contact for all vendors.
- Maintain strong relationships with numerous international vendors to assist corporations in planning overseas events.
- Manage budgets of up to $100,000 for large-scale events.
June 20XX – June 20XX Event Coordinator – Event Management Solutions, Natick, MA
- Seamlessly planned and executed events, both professional (e.g., conferences and meetings) and social (e.g., weddings and birthday parties) for a range of clients.
- Managed budgets of up to $30,000, for events with up to 500 attendees.
- Oversaw a team of vendors and event contributors including entertainers, photographers, caterers, and AV technicians.
January 20XX – May 20XX Special Events Associate – Art By Kids, Inc., Boston, MA
- Coordinated fundraising and donor communication for a nonprofit organization promoting and selling youth artwork.
- Organized two annual fundraisers and served as the primary contact for all vendors.
- Developed effective social networking outreach and managed radio and print ad campaigns to promote events.
- Recognized by the Executive Director for increasing attendance at fundraisers by 25 percent.
XYZ University, B.A. in Marketing, June 20XX
ISES (International Special Events Society), Member
Event Planner Association, Member
Sending an Email Cover Letter
If you're sending your cover letter via email, put your name and job title in the subject line of the email message and include your contact information below your email signature.
Here's an example of a formatted email cover letter.
More Sample Cover Letters
Cover letter samples, formats, and templates for a wealth of career fields and employment levels.