A thesis statement expresses the main idea of essay. The best way to look at it is this: if you could boil your entire essay down to one sentence and still get your message across, you've got a thesis statement.
Before you can decide on a thesis statement for an essay about obesity, you need to narrow your focus. Obesity by itself is much too broad for an effective essay topic—you could easily fill an entire book with information about such a topic. You need to develop a topic that incorporates a more specific subject. Narrowing a topic makes your essay writing job a lot easier. Here are several suggestions, along with sample thesis statements:
The primary cause of obesity: research and explain the single most important factor in obesity. It could be genetics, or food, or inactivity, or something else. An example of a thesis statement for this essay could be: The primary cause for obesity is the genetic predisposition to gain weight to an unhealthy degree.
Strategies for reducing obesity: An essay could identify and explain the best way for people to overcome obesity. It could be changing eating habits, getting more exercise, having surgery, or taking some sort of medication. An example of a thesis statement for this essay could be: The most successful method for overcoming obesity has been shown to be diet modification.
Social attitudes about obesity: Given the controversy about “body shaming” this would be a good current topic. How do people feel about the obese? Are they discriminated against? Are they misunderstood? An example of a thesis statement for this essay could be: Obese people are not afforded the same opportunities in life that non-obese people are.
Obesity topics for research paper
Obesity is a lifestyle disease that is on the rise in America and most other developed countries the world over. What makes obesity such a serious menace is the fact that it is the leading cause of tens of opportunistic fatal diseases which include hypertension, cancer, and heart failure. The overreliance on technology has reduced the mobility of children and this coupled with comfort eating has led to a new phenomenon – the upsurge of childhood obesity. This has led to the rise of children affected with diseases that were initially thought of as diseases for adults. There is therefore dire need to examine this and take some precautionary steps to curb it.
8 obesity topics for research paper writing
The following are some good obesity topics for research paper that you can use to write your term paper:
- The role of genes in childhood obesity – there is some genetic research that has sought to link obesity to genetic makeup. You could do a research paper on this to try to find out to what extent this is true and if true, to what extent to influences the weight of new born babies, toddlers as well as adults
- There is an increase in childhood obesity in America – you can take this as the main theme for your term paper. Write on why there is this increase and you can try to draw a contrast with one or two other countries that are either at per or have no childhood obesity crisis.
- The effects of obesity – research has established a number of serious health implications of childhood obesity not only on the child but also later on in life. You can do a research paper that seeks to establish this link and investigate how adults are affected as a result of their childhood overweight issues.
- Obesity prevention in children – prevention is always better than cure. You can do a study on the best mechanisms that can be employed to prevent childhood obesity
- Healthy eating – this is another interesting topic worth pursuing. Obesity is largely as a result of poor eating habits so you can do a research paper on the healthy eating options for children. Could it be that the problem of obesity is because children have very few healthy eating options today?
- Inactivity – inactivity, especially among Children is a serious challenge today. Children often prefer to play video games as opposed to going outside and playing with other kids. This somewhat leads to obesity and this would also be a great research topic on obesity
- Societal stigma – obesity is not a disability but obese children go through the same stigmatization that disabled people do. How does society stigmatize obesity and how can this be checked?
- Obesity and depression – some experts argue that there is a link between obesity and depression. This would also make for a good research topic as you seek to either validate or invalidate these assertions.
Obesity topics for research paper writing and sample thesis statements
Once you have settled on a good research topic, the next thing you want to form is a strong thesis statement. A weak statement will result in a weak paper so you want to give it your best. Here are two examples of some good thesis statements:
The impact of obesity in children:
Obesity has far-reaching ramifications as it can have a huge impact on the health and wellbeing of a child besides commutating to chronic issues in adulthood.
What causes obesity?
Obesity is largely a lifestyle disease and its two largest causes in both children and adults are poor eating habits and inactivity.
If you are looking for help in writing your research paper, you have come to the right place. Here is why:
- We have a team of highly qualified native English speaking writers
- We have unlimited revisions so you can be sure of 100% satisfaction
- We charge the best rates in the market
- We have over 5 years’ worth of experience in writing research papers and essays
We will be glad to help you with your paper. Place your order today to enjoy your first time discount or your retuning client bonus!
Ask a question