Cover letter sample in response to a Monster job posting
You see a job on Monster but are unsure how the cover letter you send should read. Get answers here.
If you see a job posting online and it sounds exquisitely suited to you, you probably feel compelled to submit not only your resume but a customized cover letter as well. But job seekers often struggle with constructing an effective cover letter. View our sample cover letter below:
Dear (insert name or "Hiring Manager" if name is unknown):
Your advertisement on Monster for a (insert job title) fits my experience and qualifications perfectly, and I am writing to express my interest in and enthusiasm for the position. As an accomplished sales leader, I have achieved seven-figure revenue growth, international market penetration and successful product launches for leading global corporations during my career.
In addition to my desire to join your team, you will find I am a dedicated and driven professional whose recent accomplishments include:
- An increase of international sales from 1 percent of the company's total revenue to 75 percent, capturing more than half of the entire European market and one-third of the Latin American market within two years.
- Dramatic expansion of customer base, leading to seven-figure revenue growth rates that far exceed the pace of larger, more established competitors.
- Development of a 75-member dealer network across 30 countries in six continents.
- Attainment of 100 percent customer retention rate through expert relationship-building skills and a commitment to a solution-focused, service-first sales approach.
- Launch of a new London office, expected to double sales revenue by 2012.
- Introduction of three innovative product lines, following comprehensive market research and competitive-intelligence gathering.
Your software products are truly on the cutting edge of technology -- you offer products that can change the way a company conducts business on the Internet. I am excited by this technology and would be able to translate this excitement to a business benefit for your current and future clients. If you agree that my qualifications are a close fit to your needs, I would be delighted to meet with you personally to discuss strategies for expanding (name of company's) market presence.
I will follow up with you in a few days to answer any questions you may have. In the meantime, you may reach me at (phone number) or via email at (email address). I look forward to our conversation.
Use Our Cover Letter Examples to Build Your Letter in Minutes
Are you wondering how to write a cover letter online? Our free cover letter examples will give you a great start. Choose from cover letter samples for industries like IT, Healthcare, Accounting and Finance, Nursing, Sales, and many more. Review our examples and use what you learn to build job-specific cover letters for all of your applications. It’s like having your own cover letter generator at your fingertips.
Create Business Letters for All of Your Professional Needs
LiveCareer offers more than just cover letters and resumes. There are a number of reasons you might need to write a professional letter, and we have templates and free letter samples for resignation letters, general business letters, reference letters and more. If you need help writing and formatting a business letter of any kind, we’ve got you covered. And of course, you can download your letters in any format you need, including PDF and Microsoft Word.
Get Expert Advice on Cover Letter Writing
Let’s be honest: no one really likes writing cover letters. But a great cover letter can change your job search by making you stand out from the masses. Check out our cover letter tips to find out how to write a cover letter faster and learn the answers to the most common cover letter questions.